State of the Art Print Engine
• The XR-640 features two gold-plated 8-channel piezo inkjet heads with 180 nozzles per channel for high-speed, high-quality printing. With Roland Intelligent Pass Control technology and variable dot control producing droplets of seven different sizes, the XR-640 achieves smooth gradations, exceptional solid colors and superior photographic reproduction in all print modes.
Advantage of Integrated Print/Cut
• With print speeds of up to 528 sqft. per hour (49 m2/h) for CMYK applications, as well as print/cut capability, the XR-640 expedites the production process.
The Pro 4 XR-640 is a true production large-format printer/cutter, featuring a media feed and take-up system that accommodates rolls of up to 88 pounds (40 kg) for long, unattended printing. Adjustable print heads enable the XR to print on various media thicknesses.
Superior Print Results with Eco-Sol MAX® 2 Inks
• GREENGUARD Gold Certified for indoor air quality, Eco-Sol MAX 2 eco-solvent inks produces rich, vibrant color that other inks simply can’t match. MAX 2 dries quickly and provides unmatched long-term outdoor durability, scratch and chemical resistance, plus a wide color gamut and a broad range of media options.
Eco-Sol MAX 2 specialty inks expand your possibilities, allowing for stunning effects and adding value to any graphic. Light Black - Provides better reproduction of gray color gradients and more natural skin tones.
Metallic Silver - This silver ink can be printed as a spot color or combined with CMYK to produce over 500 striking metallic and pearlescent colors.
High-Density White - Allows for greater opacity on clear or dark substrates
Automated Ink Circulation System
• Designed to reduce waste of White and Metallic Silver ink, Roland’s Automated Ink Circulation System dramatically lowers running costs while ensuring exceptional image quality throughout the longest production runs.
Roland VersaWorks®RIP Included
• Developed exclusively for Roland inkjet printers and printer/cutters, Versaworks RIP software takes full advantage of the capabilities of the XR-640. Based on the latest Adobe CPSI 3019 engine, VersaWorks offers a host of advanced features that include a Predictive Ink Calculator, Spot Color Replacement, built-in Pantone® Spot Color Libraries, variable data printing, embedded ICC support, ink level adjustment tools, advanced cropping, tiling and nesting options, and much more.
Integrated Tri-Heater System
• The XR-640 dries prints quickly – even in high-speed mode – for immediate collection by the take-up system, finishing and installation. An integrated tri-heater system features three components: a pre-heater that improves media receptiveness, a print heater to accelerate ink fastness and brightness, and a dryer to accelerate the drying process and improve productivity and scratch resistance. All can be controlled from either the printer panel or Roland VersaWorks.
|SOLJET Pro 4 XR-640|
|Printing technology||Dual Head Piezoelectric Inkjet|
|Media||Width: 10.2 to 64 in. (259 to 1625 mm)
Thickness: Maximum 39 mil (1.0 mm) with liner
Roll diameter: Maximum 8.3 in (210 mm)
Roll weight: Maximum 88 lbs (40 kg)
Core diameter: 3 in (76.2 mm) or 2 in (50.8 mm)
|Printing Width||Max. 63 in. (1600 mm)|
|Ink cartridges||Roland Eco-Sol MAX 2 Ink (type)
440 cc CMYKLcLmLk - 220 cc Metallic and White (capacity)
9 Colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, light cyan, light magenta, light black, metallic, white)
|Print resolution||Maximum 1,440 dpi (Dots per in)|
|Billboard (Banner)||360x360||1||528.1 sqft/hr (49.1 m2/h)|
|High Speed (Banner)||540x360||2||351.9 sqft/hr (32.7 m2/h)|
|540x360 (V)||3||232.4 sqft/hr (21.6 m2/h)|
|Standard (Banner)||360x720||3||183.5 sqft/hr (17.0 m2/hr)|
|540x720||5||110.1 sqft/hr (10.2 m2/hr)|
|High Quality (Banner)||720x1440||10||50 sqft/hr (4.6 m2/h)|
|High Speed (Vinyl)||540x360||3||232.4 sqft/hr (21.6 m2/h)|
|Standard (Vinyl)||360x720||4||166.1 sqft/hr (15.4 m2/h)|
|540x720||6||109.7 sqft/hr (10.2 m2/h)|
|High Quality (Vinyl)||720x1440||10||48.7 sqft/hr (4.5 m2/h)|
|Distance accuracy||Error of less than ±0.3% of distance traveled, or ±0.3 mm, whichever is greater|
|Media heating system||Print heater||Setting range for the preset temperature: 86 to 112°F (30 to 45°C)|
|Dryer||Setting range for the preset temperature: 86 to 122°F (30 to 50°C)|
|Connectivity||Ethernet (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 120 V ±10%, 8.2A, 50/60 Hz or
AC 220 to 240 V ±10%, 4.2A, 50/60 Hz
|Power consumption||During operation||1530 w|
|Sleep mode||47 w|
|Environmental||Power on||Temperature: 59 to 90°F (15 to 32°C) [68°F (20°C) or more recommended], Humidity: 35 to 80% RH (no condensing)|
|Power off||Temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C), humidity: 20 to 80% RH (no condensation)|
|Dimensions (with stand)||116[W] x 47.8[D] x 49.6[H] in (2948[W] x 1214[D] x 1260[H] mm)|
|Weight (with stand)||452 lb (205 kg)|